On the Internet go to IRS.gov. On the opening screen on the left check “ on line service”
1) Choose apply for EIN number
2) Choose apply on line now
3) Choose trust
4) Choose irrevocable
5) Choose beneficiary
6) Use the name and Social Security number of the beneficiary. (Notice on page 3 of the W9 instructions, Note 1, “the following payees are exempt from backup withholding:any IRA”
7) Use the name and address of the trust and the trustee’s name. (For example, The Sierra Growth and Income Trust, Mary Jones, trustee)
8) Check all data and if correct, submit.
9) Choose deliver by Adobe. You will have the number immediately and the whole process should take less than 10 minutes.